Monday, May 18, 2009

Evidence of Involvement


Evans Elementary School: Completed my student teaching with a 5th grade class. I assumed all daily teacher responsibilities to include lesson planning, weekly classroom schedules, taking attendance, classroom management and discipline , playground duties, maintaining the grade book, assigning homework, grading student work and conducting parent teacher conferences. I also coordinated and conducting two field trips, assisted in proctoring and performed scribe duties during CSAP testing as well as attending and contributing to both RTI and PLC meetings.

Youth Challenge: Volunteer in state directed youth drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. Planned and conducted training in various outdoor skills culminating in hands on exercise emphasizing leadership, teamwork and character. Conducted confidence courses and sporting events.

Evans Elementary School: Assisted in a reading intervention program designed to assist strategic readers. I assisted a 5th grade Guatemalan student who was reading below a 2nd grade narrative level. I coordinated my efforts with the student’s ELL, regular classroom and resource teachers. I also coordinated with a number of instructors from Adams State College who were familiar with Q’onjobal in order to connect the student’s native language with the English language he was struggling to learn.

Cub Scouts: Volunteer assistant Den Leader for a Webelo Troop of 4th and 5th graders. I assisted in planning and conducting weekly meetings and outdoor events. I Instructed and assisted the Cub Scouts in attaining activity badges that center on character development, physical fitness, community service, citizenship and respect.

Polston Elementary School: Assisted and observed afternoon kindergarten class. I helped evaluate the student’s recognition and annunciation of the alphabet as well as daily classroom activities. Monitored students during recess and assisted in getting students on the bus.
I was also a volunteer assistant for a morning kindergarten class. Helped to evaluate student vocabulary and worked with individual students on improving their vocabulary. I also assisted with daily classroom activities, project preparation and completion, grading, student record organization and filing.

Boyd Elementary School: Assisted and observed a 2nd and 3rd grade looping classroom. I conducted small group lessons and activities on geometric shapes.
I also assisted and observed a 2nd grade classroom. I helped with daily classroom lessons, individual project and activities. I conducted individual and small group reading activities and monitored students during recess.

Guadalupe Elementary School: Assisted in the set up, maintenance and inventory of an elementary science laboratory. I then assisted and observed afternoon 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classes in the science laboratory. I helped student’s apply the process of scientific investigation in physics, earth science and biology. I conducted small group instruction in observing, creating a hypothesis and conducting experiments. I also assisted and observed afternoon 6th grade math laboratory. I helped monitor student progress in a variety of centers in the math lab. I also gave individual as well as small group instruction in number sense, geometry, probability, statistics, graphing measurement and patterning.

Marsh Elementary School: Assisted and observed afternoon kindergarten class. I helped with daily classroom lessons, individual project and activities. Monitored students during recess and assisted in getting students to activities outside of their regular classroom.

Evans Elementary School: Assisted and observed a morning 5th grade class. I taught a daily grammar lesson from the Reading Street basal reader as well as numerous other lessons. I also did small group reading lessons and assisted in numerous administrative tasks. I administered spelling and mathematics tests and assisted with fall parent teacher conferences. I also started a “Question of the week” to inspire students to conduct research on their own.

Ortega Middle School: Assisted and observed afternoon 6th and 7th grade art classes. I helped distribute supplies and answer questions about the art techniques used during class. The class covered a variety of drawing techniques to include tessellation, perspective and such artists as M.C. Escher and Betty Edwards. I also assisted and observed three afternoon special education instructors, a paraprofessional, and a community social worker. I was able to help children with a variety of physical, behavioral and learning disabilities.

Ortega Middle School Youth Enrichment Program: Volunteer tutor in an after school program designed to provide students with individual tutoring. Tutored 7th and 8th grade students in math, science, language arts and geography.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Evidence of Involvement" to our Directory of Science . You can check the

    inclusion of the post here . We are

    delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to

    your website.


    Warm Regards

    Scienz.info Team

    http://www.scienz.info

    ReplyDelete